Good news: the deadline to submit family recipes, poetry, or stories has been extended to December 31, 2017. This program is open to all ages and everyone is welcome to participate. Click here for details on how to submit an entry.
Here’s specifically what we’re looking for:
- Recipes passed down from generation to generation;
- Something Grandma (or any relative) used to make;
- Or any original family recipe.
- Immigrant stories or stories about the immigrant experience, whether of current or previous generations.
- Name stories: do you have a funny or interesting story about how you got your name? Or a story regarding your name or a relative’s name?
- Family history: do you have a story you’d like to share about Grandpa or some other relative? It’s all part of the history.
- Family tree: have you done any research on your family tree? Got any interesting tidbits to share?
- Fiction or poetry relating to themes of immigration, naming, and/or family history.
- Or a family letter with some context included.
Please email any associated photos, images, or illustrations to email@example.com.
Your submission may be selected for publication in a community anthology.
If you have any questions, please call (313) 943-2341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEA Big Read is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest.