Here are more details on the call for family recipes or stories:
Family recipes – here’s mainly what we’re looking for:
- Recipes passed down from generation to generation, or
- Something Grandma (or Grandpa, or any relative) used to make, or
- Any original family recipe.
Click here to submit your recipe.
Family stories – here’s mainly what we’re looking for:
- Immigrant stories
- Name stories: do you have a funny or interesting story about how you got your name? Or a story concerning your name or a relative’s name in some way?
- Family history – do you have a story you’d like to share about Grandma or some other relative? It’s all part of the history.
- Family tree: have you done any research on your family tree? Got any interesting tidbits to share?
- Fiction or poetry relating to themes of immigration, naming, and/or family history.
Click here to fill out the entry form for family stories. Once the form is completed, please send your story as a Word document, rich text format, or email (and any photos or images associated with your story) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Length: 1-4 pages, double or single spaced. If it’s a little longer or shorter, that’s fine too.
This is open to all ages and anyone is welcome to participate.
The deadline is October 31, 2017.
We hope you are considering submitting a family recipe or story! If you have any questions, please call (313) 943-2330 and pick option two or email email@example.com